October 26, 2009

October The Twenty-Sixth

SHOW Thy mercy to me, O Lord, to glad my heart withal. Let me find Thee, for whom I long. Lo, here the man that was caught of thieves, wounded, and left for half dead, as he was going towards Jericho. Thou kind-hearted Samaritan, take me up. I am the sheep that is gone astray; O Good Shepherd, seek me out, and bring me home to Thy fold again. Deal favorably with me according to Thy good pleasure, that I may dwell in Thy house all the days of my life, and praise Thee for ever and ever with them that are there - Amen.

-- ST. JEROME, TRANSLATED A.D. 1578 - TIME cover 12-27-1971, The Good Samaritan re: volunteerism, charity and public service. Photo taken December 27, 1971, by photographer Leandro Velasco.

1 comment:

  1. VERY meaningful on so so many levels. This was one of the very covers/artworks that sprang me into not only doing "good works" but doing mosaic paper artwork, as well. I remember this mag as well as the sudden awakening of the young girl I was as if it were yesterday.

    ReplyDelete