July 31, 2009

July The Thirty-First

O FATHER of mercies and God of all comfort, our only help in time of need, I come to Thee for help to meet the trials of advancing years. Give me courage and patience to bear the infirmities, privations, and loneliness of old age. Help me to fight successfully its temptations to be exacting, selfish, unreasonable, irritable, and complaining.
Preserve my mental faculties unimpaired to the end, keep my heart and affections warm, so that I may never fail tu sympathize with the joys, sorrows and interests of others, and to be deeply grateful for the love and forbearance of those around me. And so fit and prepare me against the hour of death that I may be able to face it fearlessly, trusting in Thy promise to be with me as I pass through the dark valley, so that, departing in peace, my soul may be received into Thy everlasting Kingdome, through Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour - Amen.

-- by ALETHEA L. GRENFELL. AGED NINETY

No comments:

Post a Comment