July 2, 2009

July The Second

O MY LORD, in Thine arms I am safe; keep me, and I have nothing to fear; give me up and I have nothing to hope for. I know nothing about the future, but I rely upon Thee. I pray Thee to give me what is good for me. I leave it all to Thee, because Thou knowest and I do not. If Thou bringest pain or sorrow on me, give me grace to bear it well; keep me from fretfulness and selfishness.
If Thou givest me health and strength and success in this world, keep me ever on my guard lest these great gifts carry me away from Thee. Give me to know Thee, to believe on Thee, to love Thee, to serve Thee, to live to and for Thee. Give me to die just at that time and in that way which is most for Thy glory - Amen.

-- JOHN HENRY NEWMAN
Remember: Out of Iraq in 2009, but not without over 4,000 American deaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment