September 30, 2009

September The Twenty-Fifth

A DAILY PRAYER

I LIFT my heart to Thee and pray
Thy will, not mine, be done this day ---
And let Thy will direct, and lead,
Thy bounty answer every need.
I am not anxious, for I know
Thy light the perfect way will show.
Thy understanding fills my mind,
To make me tolerant and kind;
Thy love and wisdom grow in me
Till only good, in all, I see.
And as upon thy strength I lean,
Comes Thy fulfillment, joy serene;
Thy will of service, growth and health,
Contentment, freedom, and the wealth
Of spiritual blessings rare,
That those that follow Thee may share;
And as day closes, I grow still
To thank Thee, Father, for Thy will.

-- MRS. W.W. TALMAN

1 comment:

  1. And oh Lord, Let Me Eat Cake! The photo is great, isn't it?
    Love this poem. What a great way to teach a kid a nice little meditation.

    Candace

    ReplyDelete