September 28, 2009

September The Twentieth

O LORD God, Holy Father, be Thou blessed both now and for evermore, because as Thou wilt, so is it done, and what Thou doest is good. My soul is sorrowful, sometimes, even unto tears; sometimes also my spirit is disquieted, by reason of impending sufferings. I long after the joy of Thy peace; the peace of Thy children I earnestly crave. If Thou give peace, if Thou pour into me holy joy, the soul of Thy servant shall be full of melody, and shall become devout in Thy praise. Make me a dutiful and humble disciple (as Thou art wont to be kind), that I may be ever ready to go, if Thou dost but beckon to me. Thou knowest what is expedient for my spiritual progress, and how greatly tribulation serves to scour off the rust of sins; do with me according to Thy desired good pleasure - Amen.

-- THOMAS A KEMPIS

No comments:

Post a Comment