August 9, 2009

August the Ninth

LET all Thy works praise Thee, O Lord, and Thy servants rejoice in thanking Thee. True is Thy word, which counts us worthy of pity, and faithful Thy help for our heart's trust to rest upon. O God, Thy strength is made perfect in those who have not cared for themselves, but so9ught the eternal; then Thou bringest forth truth to victory. Make known to me Thy ways, O God, and let me walk in Thy truth. Go on, O God, victoriously and open me the gate of hope, out of darkness into light. Since Thou hast not taken me away in the midst of my day, but upholden my soul in life, suffer not my feet to slip. Grant me a work of Thy love to do, and prosper it in my hands. Let me not die until I have fulfilled Thy will; and let me enter with joy into rest - Amen.

-- ROWLAND WILLIAMS
Life magazine archive photo: Ukranian women harvesting wheat

No comments:

Post a Comment