November 12, 2009

November The Twelfth

ETERNAL God, Fountain of all love, trusting in Thy love I come before Thee, to speak to Thee, to ask Thee for Thy love. Thou knowest all I would ask Thee if I dared; Thou knowest how I would love Thee if I could; Thou knowest all I would hope of Thee, if mine own unworthiness did not keep me back. Yet Thou givest me the longing, Thou wilt give what I long for, even Thyself, whom I long for. Thou preparest the heart. Prepare my heart, O loving God, that I may long for Thee more, adore Thee more humbly, ask at least, with all the desires of my heart, all which Thou art ready to give me, which Thou hast prepared for me, if I love Thee. Make me to love Thee through all Thy love for me, through Thine own love in me - Amen.

-- E.B. PUSEY
Carl Milles Fountain of Faith. Life magazine archives. Photo by Hank Walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment