November 10, 2009

November The Tenth

O GOD, who hast put me into Thy beautiful world, sparing me thus far its sorrow and pain, grant that I may remember this Thy great goodness with thanksgiving. Take from me all false security in mine own strength, and daily increase my reliance upon Thee. Through me bring the gift of Thy joy to all who are near me, especially the burdened and oppressed; and, when the darkness overtakes me, keep me mindful of the brightness in which I now walk, that in the blackness of the world's night as in the glory of the morning, I may abide in Thine everlasting light; through Jesus Christ our Lord - Amen.

-- CHARLES LEWIS SLATTERY
David Smith's daughter, Joy, practicing her ballet. Wyncote, PA, U.S. Taken 1938 by photographer Hansel Mieth.

No comments:

Post a Comment