May 31, 2010

May Nineteenth

ALMIGHTY God, Father of mercies, be pleased to work in me what Thou hast commanded should be in me. Give me, O Lord, the grace of an earnest sorrow, -- turn my sin into repentance, and let my repentance proceed to pardon; and teach me so diligently to watch over all my actions that I may never transgress Thy holy laws willingly, but that it may be the work of my life to obey Thee, the joy of my soul to please Thee, and the perfection of my desires to live with Thee in the kingdom of Thy grace and glory - Amen.

-- JEREMY TAYLOR (1613-1667)

1 comment:

  1. Well, I do want so so much to be good but uhm... I seem to fall terribly short of the mark most times. How do I handle this? With a laugh, a wink, a joke, wit, art, music. They're good balms for the sting that is often impressed upon me.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete